Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Homework ......

First week back in school, K came back with her Chinese 习字本and I realised she "owed" her Chinese teacher 1 semester of corrections. I dont know how her teacher can tolerate that. 😅 Anyway, i think her teacher had a word with her and she did them as quickly as she could during the first week.
Today, I discovered that besides the corrections she actually did not do a lot of her 习字 for semester 1. 😓
when I met the teacher during the PTM ... she actually didn't complain to me 😜 so I was clueless.
I know K has been quite laxed about her homework (she's on the ball only if the teacher is fierce) but I always thought she would hand in her work ... even if she's late. To me, I think she is an responsible girl mah 😉 haha, think I am wrong on this count.
Now she's whining and whining while doing her 习字 . Imagine having to write so many words in 1 day 😂😂 it's quite a dread. I totally understand. (And the reason why she is doing them now is because the teacher '贴大字报' 了 。。😛)
Guess she has to understand and take responsibility for her own work.
What has mummy been doing u ask?
Oops, Sorry, I am not responsible for her homework. I usually check with her if she has any and if yes, has she done it. I take her word for it and that's it. I don't check or enforce. I told her that's not my responsibility.
I hope she learnt her lesson! And be more responsible going forward.

p/s 
my reply to a friend who suggested that i should keep closer tabs on her homework until she gets the "hang" of it ... :) 

to me, homework is between she and her teacher. She must learn and recgonise that she is responsible for what is assigned to her. The homework was not assigned to me. If she chooses to ignore the homework or simply forget about it, because the teacher is not stringent or fierce and she thinks she can get away with it. Then, it's time that she realise that she cannot get away with it and there will be consequences. Just like how this teacher is now "after" her for what is owed her. like you said, nobody taught us how to manage our homework!  heehee. some skills can be self taught i think and in this respect, i believe it's still an area that she can afford to fail/fall and learn from it herself .... hope i am right!

No comments: