Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Kaira's birthday celebration in school

Since her birthday is during the school holidays and we will be overseas, Kaira requested to a have a simple celebration during school recess for her.

Being the big girl she is now, she requested for cupcakes and specific designs! 

Had initially thought of ordering from someone I know but Kaira kept changing her mind about the designs she wanted .... that I thought it might be better if I make them.... plus the cost of ordering is not a small sum! I would have to spend more than $100 just for cupcakes for her class.... and how hard can it be right?!?!?

The trial run went quite smoothly I must say.... After all only Made a few!!

And honestly it was not that difficult to make cos I chose a simple cake recipe and what I thought was a very simple design!!

However, as with all homemade stuff,  it is very very time consuming!!! Just prepping the fondant took me more than 3 hours. But of course I am a first timer at doing this (2nd timer if u consider the trial run! Heehee) and really slow.

The assembling on the morning itself took about 2 hours!! There were moments I wondered if I can make it in time ?!? Of course there are hiccups..... like the circle fondant tops that I prepared turned out too big for the cupcakes I baked! (But during the trial it was perfect! Go figure ;p)  so time is spent trimming the tops etc. ...

Funny how the cupcakes on pictures/blogs all look so nice ... mine ? The cupcake wrapper started to come off after the cupcakes cooled down.... had to make a last minute purchase of cupcake wrappers the night before! Thank God I baked the cupcakes in the afternoon. ... imagine if I baked them at night...... where can I buy cupcake  wrappers at 7 in the morning? Lol.

I guess all these comes with an experience.... and if I do it again, I will be better prepared!

But haha,  unlikely I will do it again for so  many kids.... Small scale parties no problem. ...:)

o well, as long as my daughter's happy! It's worth the effort I suppose ;)

No comments: