Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Friday, May 10, 2013

Vietnam Central - Hue


Hue is the ancient capital of Vietnam -- so for the ignorant me -- it was a good place to learn about the history of Vietnam.  I honestly didn't know that Chinese influence is so great in Vietnam that it has its own version of the forbidden city ;p See how ignorant i am.

On hindsight, we could have stayed 1 night in Hue-- that would give us more time to explore this city rich in history. But for a 1 day trip i think we covered quite a lot of it, starting from the forbidden city to the pagoda to the "french quarters" (so to speak, as there are many french-inspired colonial buildings there) to the local Dong Ba market -- we caught a glimpse of this ancient capital.

Lunch was good, in one of the garden homes -- it was on my "to visit" list, so i was glad it was included as part of our private tour. 

All in an enjoyable city and outing.  My usual complaint applies -- very hot!! ;)





No comments: