Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Outdated Post : 2 years in Eindhoven

I meant to post this earlier but alas, world cup and the summer heat resulted in a rather lethargic me ;p

we arrived here in eindhoven on 27 June 2008 when kaira was only a 7 month old baby. Now she's a active and talkative toddler!! How time flies.

When i first arrived, as seen from my posts then, i can't wait to leave here and move back to asia. hehehe..

Today, i think i would still like to relocate back to Asia...... but i am not sure my resolve is as strong as before. And also, is it really better to move??? i honestly don't know.

Granted there are inconveniences about life here and of course the lack of friends and family support -- but there are also some aspects of life here that i know we will not be able to enjoy if we are back in Asia. and frankly, over time, i have adjusted and have learnt to live with the "inconveniences" ;p

When (?) the Lord will bring us back to Asia i do not know. All i know is that i have told him my heart's desire -- that, ultimately, we would like to be back in Asia . It is now in His hands and His timing to bring about the move. I am learning to wait. To exercise patience. So that we move in sync with his perfect time. there is a chinese saying 天时地利 and it is apt to apply it here.

A move now is not just about whether there is a job. There truly is a myriad of other considerations.

Waiting is indeed a test of faith. We live in a world where we like to see results, fast! So, when we pray and God doesn't move, we think maybe He isn't there.

I believe He is. He Listens.

However, it is still difficult to wait. And our, in this case, my, response to the wait is important.

Do i go " Why Lord?" "Why not now?" "HOw can i get the results i want now?"
Do i allow doubts and fears to crowd my heart and crowd out my God?

Or do i take the time to go deeper in my relationship with Him. to understand His heart. to increase in my knowledge of Him. This is a so much more difficult route.

i know that many a times i am guilty of casting God aside. It is so easy to just be upset with God and cast complaints against him.

I hope i learn from the author of Lamentations.


Lamentations 3:22-25

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

No comments: