Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Freedom. Peace.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom. There is Peace.

Freedom

Not that i am free from troubles, sickness, pain, hurt, or the woes of the world.
For I am in the world as such I have to bear the consequences of my actions, the choices i make. I also experience the consequences of the actions of others. And of course, the lies/attacks of the evil one.

But I have freedom. Freedom to live my life with joy. Freedom to love and choose to love. Freedom from worries. Freedom cos my significance is not in my achievements, how good i am, how much money i have, what others think of me. Freedom cos i have the hope of eternal life with the almighty and loving God.

Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 2 :12
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

With this freedom, comes peace. Peace in the knowledge that the Lord's plans are good for me. Peace in the knowledge that no matter what happens, he does not abandon me and his love never fails. A peace that comes because there is trust. Trust in the Lord.

Its simple. Difficult to explain. Yet Real and tangible. One has to experience it to taste the sweetness of love of Jesus.

John 6 : 35-37
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away

John 6 :40
For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

No comments: