Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Boxing Day Gift!

On Boxing Day, i visited the Tai Lam Women's Prison here in hong kong. It's my second visit with the care and share ministry from church to the prison.

i wanted to write about it because by God's grace, I had the privilege of leading 2 lady inmates to pray the sinner's prayer and also shared God's message of love with another. Hallelujah praise the Lord.

Thank God also, as i feel that it's a breakthrough for myself in that, i've always found it difficult to share my faith, God's message with others as sometimes i am lost for words and many a times, it's just the lack of courage to stand up to speak the truth and make a stand for God.

i;ve been going for care and share outreaches for the last 2 years, once each month. most times, i find my presence there, simply, a "presence" i.e. i am helping around, doing work, lending a listening ear (several visits were to old folks home, so they love to talk!). each time, i come away thinking maybe i should have open my mouth and ask if they want to receive christ. of course, each time i didn't.

i've always prayed for God to breakthrough that area of my life. my fear of rejection, my lack of faith in Him. cos, sometimes, i wish i could be more courageous and share more
with my frens and loved ones . . . . but most times, i choose "subtle-ness" . . . . ;-

anywayz, back to the visit. the day's program was 2 sessions, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. i was loathe to go dowm to "mix" with the ladies during the first session as i really don't know how and where to start. so i stuck around with another lady who was doing most of the talking. and of course, during that process, felt very useless. like, see! here i am again, such a failure. never having enough faith to speak courageously of God and fearing that the ladies will reject what i am going to say.

in the afternoon session, i was pretty distracted throughout the program. during the altar call, i didn't even bother to look around, usually i do that, to gauge the response and also identify whom i should go and reach out to.

when the time came for the team to go down to minister, i went, as i usually would. however, this time, i found myself alone. and in the circumstances, i guess i cannot just stand there and do nothing. cos, this is afterall a women's prison and I am here to minister, not stand around and stare.

and so, i approached this lady seating there. she looked quite receptive. i asked if she understood the message and whether she wanted to receive christ. she said she was touched and would like to know more. But not prepared to say the sinner's prayer. i prayed for her. In my halting mandarin, i prayed for her. that God will speak to her, touch her and bless her. She cried.

I wanted to cry too. I asked her again, if she would like to receive christ. she said not yet. so i took her particulars now for the christian group to follow-up later on.

After that, i just stood there. i am always like that, suffering from inertia. didn't felt like going forward to be rejected again. but God put one of my team mates there to push me on. he kept telling me that there are a few ladies around who are tearing or crying and obviously very touched and i should minister to them. so no choice!! i appraoched these 2 ladies nearest to me.

when i asked if they would like to accept christ, they said YES! hallelujah! i am so excited! and i had to lead them in the sinner's prayer in mandarin! (lots of these ladies are from the mainland.) and prayed and prayed and am so happy that the spirit touched their hearts. for i believe that only by the power of the spirit can their lives be changed and transformed. and that afternoon, i believe God's love and presence was very strong and present.

God gave me the opportunity. i am glad that i responded. i pray that this will also be a breakthrough for my "spiritual man" - a new beginning. for only by God's strength can i be an overcomer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!

In my home country, they call it the move of the Spirit. The spark will bring a fire of revival.

God is also doing a great work in my country too. Such encouragement to see this letter from you.

johnharolds21687390 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

markerickson80281726 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com