Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

sjogren's syndrome

on the topic of health....i wrote earlier that i've been suffering from extreme dry eyes and have been researching on the net about this condition. came across "sjogren's syndrome" - which seems to describe my condition - dry eyes, dry mouth etc. it's actually an autoimmune disorder in which immune cells attack and destroy the glands that produce tears and saliva.

however, it appears that my condition is a very mild version of it. the eye doctor i went to, made a slight reference to the syndrome but didn't seem too concern about my condition.

not that the dryness is bothering me much. in fact, i got used to it, and symptomatically address it with artificial tears. hopefully it remains mild and something that shouldn't bother me :)

2 comments:

Orendon said...

WOW! What a great site you have here. I found it from my search for autoimmune disorder and it's a cut above the others. Even though my research lead me here and the revelance may not be exact, your content is very beneficial and rewarding. Here's some of me results regarding autoimmune disorder

Orendon said...

WOW! What a great site you have here. I found it from my search for autoimmune disorder healing and it's a cut above the others. Even though my research lead me here and the revelance may not be exact, your content is very beneficial and rewarding. Here's some of me results regarding autoimmune disorder healing