Custom Search
I am selling my stuff -- please check out Let's Recyle! Things for Sale!

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Love is Spelled T-I-M-E

This is an extract from "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren

The Best Expression of Love is Time
Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make mor emoney but you can't make more time. WHen you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.

It is not enough just to say relationships are important. We must prove it by investing time in them. Words are lone worthless. "My children, our love should not be just words and talk, it must be true love which shows itself in action."(1 Jn3:18)

Relationships take time and effort and the best way to spell love is T-I-M-E.

The essence of love is not what we think or do or provide for others but how much we give of ourselves.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My thoughts after reading it ......... How true and really food for thought for how i will build relationships in future.

but sometimes when i think of how much "i"have given of "myself", i end up focusing on me and the "sacrifice" and then, end up doing things grudgingly..... guess that is sign that i haven't really surrendered to God and that i am still in the process of being filled with His love and spirit so that what is outpoured, is not mine, but His love.

So, that's my prayer tonite, for more of His love in my life and that I will be more like Him! ;)

No comments: